WALKING IN STEADFAST FAITH
1Tim. 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
Col. 1:23-29 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister; (24) Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: (25) Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God; (26) Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: (27) To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: (28) Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: (29) Whereunto I also labor, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A NEW CREATURE? —
- (2Cor 5:17) Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. —
- (2Cor 6:14) Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
A. In God's eyes — (Col 1:21-23) And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled (22) in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight; (23) if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.
B. In the world's eyes — (Php 2:15) that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world.
C. We have been reborn — (1Pet 1:5) who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
D. We are kings and priests — (1Pet 2:9) But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. — (Rev 1:4-6) John, to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, (5) and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, (6) and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
E. More than conquerors — (Rom 8:35) Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
WE ARE IN CHRIST JESUS NOW! —
- (Eph 2:10-13) For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (11) Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh; who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands; (12) that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. (13) But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
A. We became one with Him when we believed the gospel of our salvation — (Eph 1:13) In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
B. We have redemption — (Eph 1:7) In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace. — (Col 1:12-14) giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. (13) He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, (14) in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
WE HAVE REDEMPTION FROM THE CURSE —
(Rev 5:9) And they sang a new song, saying: "You are worthy to take the scroll, And to open its seals; For You were slain, And have redeemed us to God by Your blood Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation.
1. Spiritual death — (Rom 6:10-14) For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. (11) Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (12) Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. (13) And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. (14) For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.
2. Sickness and disease — (Rom 8:2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3. The Curse of Sin — (Gal 3:13) Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree"). — Rom 6:6 For we know that our old self was crucified with Him in order that sin's dominion over the body may be abolished, so that we may no longer be enslaved to sin,
DETERMINE TO ALWAYS LIVE BY FAITH —
1. (Rom 3:27) Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith.
2. (2Cor 5:7) For we walk by faith, not by sight. —
3. (Heb 10:38) Now the just shall live by faith; But if anyone draws back, My soul has no pleasure in him."
USE THE NAME OF JESUS AS YOUR AUTHORITY —
1. (Acts 3:16) "And His name, through faith in His name, has made this man strong, whom you see and know. Yes, the faith which comes through Him has given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. —
2. (2Pet 1:1) Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ. —
3. (1John 3:23) And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.
HAVE FAITH IN WHAT JESUS HAS DONE FOR YOU.
A. Our substitute — (Rom 8:32) He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
B. Our intercessor — (Heb 7:25) Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
C. Related scriptures:
- (John 10:10) "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
- (1Cor 2:9-12) But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him." (10) But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. (11) For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. (12) Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
- (1Cor 3:21-23) Therefore let no one boast in men. For all things are yours: (22) whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas, or the world or life or death, or things present or things to come; all are yours. (23) And you are Christ's, and Christ is God's.
- (1John 3:8) He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
Prayer requests: 1-918-224-3609
Mail: Bishop Ira L. Hargis
Post Office Box 354
Sapulpa, Oklahoma USA 74067
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Awesome links: http://www.e-sword.net/, http://www.jsm.org/, http://worldenglishbible.org/, http://www.netbible.com/