AUTHORITY OF THE BELIEVER
Genesis 1:26-31 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. (27) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. (28) And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. (29) And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. (30) And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. (31) And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
ADAM RECEIVES DOMINION/AUTHORITY — (Gen 1:26-31)
- God creates the world, then delegates His authority to man.
- The authority was in God's Word — (Psa 8:3-9) When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained, (4) What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him? (5) For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor. (6) You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet, (7) All sheep and oxen; Even the beasts of the field, (8) The birds of the air, And the fish of the sea That pass through the paths of the seas. (9) O LORD, our Lord, How excellent is Your name in all the earth!
ADAM'S TRANSGRESSION and FALL —
- (Gen 3:6) So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.
- (1Tim 2:14) And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.
SATAN'S RULE —
- Man gave up his authority and gave it over to Satan.
- Satan had no power over man, until man sinned by listening to him —
- (Luke 4:6) And the devil said to Him, "All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.
- (2Cor 4:4) whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.
THE INCARNATION — Jesus is the last Adam
- (1Cor 15:45-47) And so it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. (46) However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. (47) The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven.
THE SACRIFICE —
- (Heb 2:14) Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil.
- (Php 2:8) And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.
- (John 10:18) "No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
- (Isa 52:14) Just as many were astonished at you, So His visage was marred more than any man, And His form more than the sons of men.
- (2Cor 5:21) For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
- (Gal 3:13-14) Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree"), (14) that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
THE NEW CREATION — Heb. 1:1-12; Eph. 1:16-23
- (1Tim 3:16) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.
- (Heb 2:9) But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.
- (Eph 2:5) even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved).
JESUS WON AUTHORITY OVER SATAN'S KINGDOM
AND IS EXERCISING THAT AUTHORITY
THROUGH BELIEVERS OF GOD'S WORD.
- Rev. 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
THE IMAGE OF GOD —
1. Physical likeness is of God — (Gen 1:26) Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."…
2. Spiritual likeness is of our Redeemer, the Lord Jesus Christ —
(Rom 8:29) For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
(2Cor 4:4) whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.
3. The only time Scripture records Jesus standing is to receive the spirit of Steven — (Acts 7:55-60); (Heb 1:3) who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD —
- (Rom 5:17) For if by the one man's (Adam's) offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.) —
- (2Cor 5:21) For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
WE ARE CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS —
IN HIS IMAGE, IN RIGHT-STANDING —
- (Mark 16:15-20) And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. (16) "He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. (17) "And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; (18) "they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover." (19) So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. (20) And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen.
- (John 16:23) "And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you."
- (Eph 3:15) from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named.
- We have His Name and His authority.
- The legal right to use someone's name is the right to that names complete authority —
- (Eph 1:16-23) do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: (17) that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, (18) the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, (19) and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power (20) which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, (21) far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. (22) And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, (23) which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.
BENEATH HIS FEET —
- (Eph 1:22) And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church.
- (Heb 10:10-13) By that will, we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. (11) And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. (12) But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, (13) from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool.
- (1John 4:4) You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
GOD’S WAYS ARE HIGHER THAN OUR WAYS.
A. God's Law of Dominion is Man's Dominion Rights.
- Gen 1:26-31 God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the sky, and over the livestock, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." (27) God created man in his own image. In God's image he created him; male and female he created them. (28) God blessed them. God said to them, "Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, and subdue it. Have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the sky, and over every living thing that moves on the earth." (29) God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree, which bears fruit yielding seed. It will be your food. (30) To every animal of the earth, and to every bird of the sky, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food;" and it was so. (31) God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. There was evening and there was morning, a sixth day.
- (Isa 55:8-11) "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the LORD. (9) "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts. (10) "For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater, (11) So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
- (1Cor 1:26-31) For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. (27) But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; (28) and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, (29) that no flesh should glory in His presence. (30) But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God; and righteousness and sanctification and redemption; (31)that, as it is written, "He who glories, let him glory in the LORD."
WHEN JESUS SPOKE, HE USED GOD'S LAW OF DOMINION.
- (Mark 1:40-42) Now a leper came to Him, imploring Him, kneeling down to Him and saying to Him, "If You are willing, You can make me clean." (41) Then Jesus, moved with compassion, stretched out His hand and touched him, and said to him, "I am willing; be cleansed." (42) As soon as He had spoken, immediately the leprosy left him, and he was cleansed.
- (Luke 13:10-13) Now He was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath. (11) And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up. (12) But when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him and said to her, "Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity." (13) And He laid His hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God
- (Mark 11:14) In response Jesus said to it, "Let no one eat fruit from you ever again." And His disciples heard it.
- (John 11:1-4) Now a certain man was sick, Lazarus of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha. (2) It was that Mary who anointed the Lord with fragrant oil and wiped His feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick. (3) Therefore the sisters sent to Him, saying, "Lord, behold, he whom You love is sick." (4) When Jesus heard that, He said, "This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it."
- (John 11:11) These things He said, and after that He said to them, "Our friend Lazarus sleeps, but I go that I may wake him up."
Prayer requests: 1-918-224-3609
Mail: Bishop Ira L. Hargis
Post Office Box 354
Sapulpa, Oklahoma USA 74067
Email: email@example.com or
Awesome links: http://www.e-sword.net/, http://www.jsm.org/, http://worldenglishbible.org/, http://www.netbible.com/