14-SPEAK THE WORD
SAY WHAT THE WORD SAYS
Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
SPEAK God's Word OF GRACE. God gave Israel instructions, —
1. (Dt. 6:6-7) "And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."
2. God told Israel to speak His Word when they sat down, when they walked, when they lay down and when they rose up.
THAT IS ALL OF THE TIME!
1. How could that be possible?
2. Jesus said that out of the abundance of a man's heart his mouth speaks – Mat 12:34 You brood of vipers! How can you speak good, when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
3. The words you put in yourself are the words that come out.
- What words do you see and listen to most of the time?
- Listen to yourself talk and you will know what is in you in abundance.
- If you are talking doubt, fear and sickness, that is what is in you in abundance.
- Your source of information must be changed!
- The stream of things in this world is negative.
4. Unless you take action against the world order with the Word of God, your mouth will speak from experience, circumstance and tradition.
5. You receive in this life just what you say with your mouth.
6. The word in your mouth is your FAITH speaking.
THE WORDS YOU SPEAK ARE WHAT YOU BELIEVE – Mt. 12:34 For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh
1. The mouth speaks according to what you put in your heart.
2. "A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things..." (Mt. 12:35).
3. Put God's Word in your heart and you will speak God's Word with your mouth.
4. God's Word in your mouth will cause good things to happen in your life.
MEDITATE IN GOD'S WORD —
1. You put God's Word in your heart by meditation in His Word.
2. You do not change believing in your heart by just wanting to change it.
3. You can only change how you believe by the Word of God.
4. Meditation in God's Word is a necessity in God's success formula.
5. Keep His Word before you and meditate - dwell upon the Word in your thought life - day and night.
6. Meditation is more than just reading.
7. Meditation is fixing your mind on the Word so that you do all that is written therein.
8. You will gain revelation and insight into the Word that you never could gain by only hearing.
9. In meditating in the Word, you are applying that Word to yourself personally —
- You are allowing the Holy Spirit to make God's Word a reality in your heart.
- You are carefully pondering how this Word applies to your life.
- You are seeing yourself as He sees you!
- Through meditation, the integrity of God's Word becomes a reality to you.
- As the truth is revealed in your spirit, you will begin to do all that is written in it.
- Doing God's Word is the end result of keeping God's words in your mouth and meditating on His Word.
- Only acting on God's Word guarantees success.
- Beware of the trap of mental assent. It is subtle because it sounds good.
- A great deal of the time mental assent can be tagged by the words "but" and "if."
- These two little words will rob validity from your confession of faith.
- When it comes to believing God, put them out of your vocabulary and replace them with the Word of God.
ACTING ON THE WORD – Mat 7:24-27 "Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. "And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it."
KNOWING WHAT THE WORD SAYS IS NOT ENOUGH —
YOU MUST ACT ON THAT KNOWLEDGE TO GET RESULTS.
1. Both men heard the Word and both houses experienced the storm, but the results were different!
2. Acting on the Word put a foundation under the wise man's house that could not be moved, and his house suffered no loss.
3. The foolish man, who heard the Word but did not act on it, had no foundation when the floods came.
4. His house may have been easier to build, but it had no power to stand.
5. Because meditation makes God's Word a reality to you, it shuts the door to mental assent and opens the door wide to doing God's Word.
6. It not only gets your thoughts, but also your actions in line with God's will for you.
7. As truths are revealed to you in the Word, apply them to your circumstances and do them.
- You be the wise man who acts on the Word.
- When the adversities of life come against your house, it will stand because the foundation of doing God's Word will make it stand.
- In His Word you will find God's answer to every problem common to man.
- For every evil Satan can throw at mankind, our Father has provided the Word to overcome that evil.
- Prosperity and good success are yours through God's Word. — "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you" (John 15:7).
Prayer requests: 1-918-224-3609
Mail: Bishop Ira L. Hargis
Post Office Box 354
Sapulpa, Oklahoma USA 74067
Email: email@example.com or
Awesome links: http://www.e-sword.net/, http://www.jsm.org/, http://worldenglishbible.org/, http://www.netbible.com/