1-GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
Romans 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
RIGHTEOUSNESS—THE GREATEST BLESSING FOR THE NEW CREATION
- Righteousness—A key word in Paul's epistles!
- Rom. 5:17 (ASV) For if, by the trespass of the one, death reigned through the one; much more shall they that receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one, even Jesus Christ.
- 2Cor. 5:21 (ASV) Him who knew no sin he made to be sin on our behalf; that we might become the righteousness of God in him.
- Phil. 3:9 (ASV) and be found in him, not having a righteousness of mine own, even that which is of the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith:
- 1Cor. 1:30 (ASV) But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who was made unto us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption:
RIGHTEOUSNESS IS A GIFT — (Romans 5:17).
- We were made righteous when we were born again.
- Every child of God has the same standing with the Father.
- Righteousness is the ability to stand in the presence of the Father without the sense of guilt, condemnation or inferiority (as though sin had never existed).
- We have had a sin consciousness.
- Awake to righteousness – 1Cor. 15:34 (ASV) Awake to soberness righteously, and sin not; for some have no knowledge of God: I speak this to move you to shame.
RIGHTEOUSNESS IS THE OBJECT OF REDEMPTION.
- Sonship would be worthless without righteousness; we would not be sons.
- Praying begins the work — Jas. 5:16 (ASV) Confess therefore your sins one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The supplication of a righteous man availeth much in its working.…1Pet. 3:12 (ASV) For the eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, And his ears unto their supplication: But the face of the Lord is upon them that do evil.
- John 17:23 becomes a heartfelt reality: My Father loves me as much as He did Jesus. — John 17:23 (ASV) I in them, and thou in me, that they may be perfected into one; that the world may know that thou didst send me, and lovedst them, even as thou lovedst me.
- We are not honoring our place as sons if we do not walk in His righteousness.
- The Spirit cries out in our heart, our spirit, enabling us to cry out “ABBA Father” — Gal 4:6 And because you are children, God sent out the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, "Abba, Father!"
THE POWER OF THE RIGHTEOUS —
- 1Cor. 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
- Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
- Isaiah 54:14-17 In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee. (15) Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake. (16) Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. (17) No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.
IF YOU CAN BELIEVE YOU ARE SAVED, YOU CAN BELIEVE YOU ARE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD. —
Rom. 5:17 (ASV) For if, by the trespass of the one, death reigned through the one; much more shall they that receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one, even Jesus Christ. —
Rom. 3:21-28 (ASV) But now apart from the law a righteousness of God hath been manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ unto all them that believe; for there is no distinction; 23 for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God; 24 being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 whom God set forth to be a propitiation, through faith, in his blood, to show his righteousness because of the passing over of the sins done aforetime, in the forbearance of God; 26 for the showing, I say, of his righteousness at this present season: that he might himself be just, and the justifier of him that hath faith in Jesus. 27 Where then is the glorying? It is excluded. By what manner of law? of works? Nay: but by a law of faith. 28 We reckon therefore that a man is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.
- Romans 10:10-11 Directly connects righteousness with salvation — Rom 10:10-11 ASV 10 for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be put to shame.
- SIN CONSCIOUSNESS vs. RIGHTEOUSNESS CONSCIOUSNESS.
- Sin consciousness never acts boldly; it always hesitates.
- The sin consciousness requires some physical evidence that God is moving.
- Righteousness consciousness knows God is moving because we asked Him to — Heb. 1:3 (ASV) who being the effulgence of his glory, and the very image of his substance, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high. — Heb. 10:1-2 (ASV) For the law having a shadow of the good things to come, not the very image of the things, can never with the same sacrifices year by year, which they offer continually, make perfect them that draw nigh. 2 Else would they not have ceased to be offered? because the worshippers, having been once cleansed, would have had no more consciousness of sins. — Heb. 10:10-14 (ASV) By which will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 And every priest indeed standeth day by day ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, the which can never take away sins: 12 but he, when he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 henceforth expecting till his enemies be made the footstool of his feet. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
JESUS DISPLAYS THE EFFECT OF THE POWER OF RIGHTEOUSNESS AT THE TOMB OF LAZARUS — (John 11:32-44)
RIGHTEOUSNESS CANNOT BE OBTAINED BY WORKS — Rom. 9:30-32 (ASV) What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, who followed not after righteousness, attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith: 31 but Israel, following after a law of righteousness, did not arrive at that law. 32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by works. They stumbled at the stone of stumbling.
ONE MUST SUBMIT TO RIGHTEOUSNESS — Rom. 10:14 (ASV) How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
RIGHTEOUSNESS WHICH IS BY FAITH SPEAKS — Rom. 10:6 (ASV) But the righteousness which is of faith saith thus, Say not in thy heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down:)
Prayer requests: 1-918-224-3609
Mail: Bishop Ira L. Hargis
Post Office Box 354
Sapulpa, Oklahoma USA 74066
Email: email@example.com or
Awesome links: http://www.e-sword.net/, http://www.jsm.org/, http://worldenglishbible.org/, http://www.netbible.com/