5-ACT OF INTERVENTION
INTERCESSION-THE ACT OF INTERVENTION
Num. 14:17-19; Psa. 136; Ex. 22:23; 33:18-19; 34:6
Numbers 14:17-19 And now, I beseech thee, let the power of my Lord be great, according as thou hast spoken, saying, (18) The LORD is longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation. (19) Pardon, I beseech thee, the iniquity of this people according unto the greatness of thy mercy, and as thou hast forgiven this people, from Egypt even until now.
- God pardoned according to Moses' intercession. — Num. 14:17-19,21 ASV And now, I pray thee, let the power of the Lord be great, according as thou hast spoken, saying, 18 Jehovah is slow to anger, and abundant in lovingkindness, forgiving iniquity and transgression; and that will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, upon the third and upon the fourth generation. 19 Pardon, I pray thee, the iniquity of this people according unto the greatness of thy lovingkindness, and according as thou hast forgiven this people, from Egypt even until now. 21 but in very deed, as I live, and as all the earth shall be filled with the glory of Jehovah.
- His mercy endures forever. — 1Chr 16:34 ASV O give thanks unto Jehovah; for he is good; For his lovingkindness endureth for ever.
- When they praised God for His mercy the cloud fell. — 2Chr 5:13 it came to pass, when the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking Jehovah; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of music, and praised Jehovah, saying, For he is good; for his lovingkindness endureth for ever; that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of Jehovah.
- After Solomon's intercession the fire fell—because of God’s mercy. — 2Chr. 7; 2Chr. 7:12--tells us God did it because He heard Solomon's prayer. — 2Chr 7:12 ASV And Jehovah appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for a house of sacrifice.
- God's anger is but for a moment. — Psalms 30:5 ASV For his anger is but for a moment; His favor is for a life-time: Weeping may tarry for the night, But joy cometh in the morning.
- Mercy is over all His works. — Psa 136, Psa 145:9 ASV Jehovah is good to all; And his tender mercies are over all his works.
- Mercy and the Word purge iniquity. — Proverbs 16:6 ASV By mercy and truth iniquity is atoned for; And by the fear of Jehovah men depart from evil.
- Mercy replaces sin when we forsake sin. — Proverbs 28:13 ASV He that covereth his transgressions shall not prosper: But whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall obtain mercy.
- The Lord's mercies are new every morning. — Lam. 3:22-23 ASV It is of Jehovah's lovingkindnesses that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness.
- Be ye merciful as your father is merciful. — Luke 6:36 ASV Be ye merciful, even as your Father is merciful. — Romans 12:19-21 ASV Avenge not yourselves, beloved, but give place unto the wrath of God: for it is written, Vengeance belongeth unto me; I will recompense, saith the Lord. 20 But if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him to drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head. 21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
- The Father is the Father of all mercies and the God of all comfort. — 2Cor 1:3 ASV Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort;
- God is rich in mercy. — (Psalms 86:5). Ephesians 2:4 ASV but God, being rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us.
- Mercy is obtained in prayer. — Heb 4:16 ASV Let us therefore draw near with boldness unto the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy, and may find grace to help us in time of need.
- The compassion of the shepherd. — Matthew 9:36 ASV But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion for them, because they were distressed and scattered, as sheep not having a shepherd. — Isaiah 40:11 ASV He will feed his flock like a shepherd, he will gather the lambs in his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and will gently lead those that have their young.
- “How often!" — Mt. 23:37 ASV O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, that killeth the prophets, and stoneth them that are sent unto her! how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
- Jesus taught because of compassion. — Mark 6:34 ASV And he came forth and saw a great multitude, and he had compassion on them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and he began to teach them many things.
- He raised the dead because of compassion. — Luke 7:13 ASV And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not.
- He fed the multitude because of compassion. — Matthew 15:32 ASV And Jesus called unto him his disciples, and said, I have compassion on the multitude, because they continue with me now three days and have nothing to eat: and I would not send them away fasting, lest haply they faint on the way.
- He healed the multitude because of compassion. — Matthew 14:14 ASV And he came forth, and saw a great multitude, and he had compassion on them, and healed their sick.
- There's nothing wrong with believing for ourselves. — 2Cor 1:3-4 ASV Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort; 4 who comforteth us in all our affliction, that we may be able to comfort them that are in any affliction, through the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
- We must go on and minister what we receive–to others.
- He "shows Himself" merciful to the merciful. — 2Sam. 22:26 ASV Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation; And thy gentleness hath made me great. Luke 6:36 ASV Be ye merciful, even as your Father is merciful.
- Mercy and truth have met together. — Psa 85:10 ASV Mercy and truth are met together; Righteousness and peace have kissed each other.
- Following after mercy finds life, righteousness and honor. — Proverbs 3:3 ASV Let not kindness and truth forsake thee: Bind them about thy neck; Write them upon the tablet of thy heart: — Proverbs 21:21 ASV He that followeth after righteousness and kindness Findeth life, righteousness, and honor.
Prayer requests: 1-918-224-3609
Mail: Pastor Ira L. Hargis
9238 Columbia St.
Sapulpa, Oklahoma USA 74066
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Awesome links: http://www.e-sword.net/, http://worldenglishbible.org/, http://www.netbible.com/