5—Day of the Lord-Part 3a
THE DAY OF THE Lord (Yahweh) Part 3a
Joel 1:15‑20; 2Sam. 22:7‑16; Isa. 2:10‑21; Jer. 25:29‑33; Mat. 24 & 25
THE THIRD EVENT WILL BE THE TRIBULATION. This will be a seven-year period of unparalleled satanic activity, wickedness and war, destruction and disturbance. It will be an especially difficult time for Israel.
DANIEL'S SEVENTIETH WEEK — Daniel 9:1-27.
- The events recorded in Rev. 6:1 to Rev. 19:21, are connected with the last, or Seventieth Week, of Daniel's "SEVENTY WEEKS," it is necessary that we explain what is meant by Daniel's "Seventieth Week"
- The Prophet Daniel had been 68 years (B.C. 538) in Babylon, and by a study of the Prophecy of Jeremiah (Jer. 25:11), he discovered that the "Seventy Years" Captivity of his people was nearing its end, and so he set his face unto the Lord, to seek by prayer and supplication (Dan. 9:3) to know the exact time of its ending, and while he was praying the Angel Gabriel appeared to enlighten him. (Dan. 9:20-23). Daniel was concerned about the expiration of the "Seventy Years" of the Captivity, and the restoration of his people to Palestine, and the rebuilding of the City of Jerusalem and of the Temple.
- But the Angel Gabriel came to disclose to him something more important than that. While he doubtless informed Daniel that God would fulfill His promise as to the "Seventy Years" of the Captivity, which, as we know, He did, he also made known to Daniel that that would not end the troubles of Israel. That while the Jews were to return to Jerusalem at the end of the "Seventy Years" of Captivity, there was a longer period to elapse before the Kingdom would be restored to them, a period of "SEVENTY WEEKS."
- Dan. 9:24-27 "SEVENTY WEEKS are determined upon Thy People (Daniel's people the Jews) and upon the Holy City (Jerusalem), to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the 'MESSIAH THE PRINCE' shall be SEVEN WEEKS, and THREESCORE AND TWO WEEKS: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. And after THREESCORE AND TWO WEEKS shall MESSIAH BE CUT OFF, but not for Himself: and the people (Romans) of the PRINCE THAT SHALL COME (Antichrist) shall destroy the City and the Sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. And he (Antichrist) shall confirm the Covenant with many for ONE WEEK (the last or Seventieth Week): and in the midst of THE WEEK he (the Antichrist) shall cause the Sacrifice and the oblations to cease, and for the over-spreading of abominations (the Abomination of Desolation spoken of by Christ. Mat. 24:15) he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."
- This Vision of the "SEVENTY WEEKS" is arguably the most important revelation concerning the Last Days, made in the Scriptures. We are told that this Period of "SEVENTY WEEKS" was determined upon Daniel's People (the Jews), and upon the HOLY CITY (Jerusalem).
- This is very important. It discloses the fact that the "SEVENTY WEEKS" have NOTHING to do with the Church, but only with the JEWS and JERUSALEM.
- It also discloses another important fact that the "SEVENTY WEEKS" only cover the period when the Jews are DWELLING IN THEIR OWN LAND, and does not cover the present period of their Dispersion.
- We are told in v24 that these "SEVENTY WEEKS" were determined for a SIX-FOLD purpose.
THE SIX-FOLD purpose.
- TO FINISH THE TRANSGRESSION.—It is the transgression of ISRAEL that is referred to, and the finishing of it will be the turning away of UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB. Rom. 11: 26-27. The transgression of Israel has not yet come to an end, and will not until they as a Nation shall be converted. (Final fulfillment in the Millennium).
- TO MAKE AN END OF SINS.—The margin reads to "seal up" sins. The sins of ISRAEL. This may refer to the author of Israel's sins—Satan, who shall at that time be "sealed up" in the Pit. Rev. 20:1-3.
- TO MAKE RECONCILIATION FOR INIQUITY.—This refers to ISRAEL'S iniquity in the rejection of their Messiah. While atonement was made for their sins on the Cross, its application to Israel as a Nation awaits the day when they shall look on Him whom they pierced (Zech. 12:10), and a fountain shall be opened to the "House of David," and the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and uncleanliness, Zech. 13:1, and a nation, the Jewish Nation, shall be "born again" in a day. Isa. 66:8.
- TO BRING IN EVERLASTING RIGHTEOUSNESS.—When the "Transgression of ISRAEL" has come to an end, and her sins are "sealed up," then Everlasting Righteousness shall be brought in. The King will come, and the Kingdom be restored to Israel, and the Millennium will be here, and the "Knowledge of the Lord" shall cover the earth, as the waters cover the sea. Hab. 2:14.
- TO SEAL UP THE VISION AND PROPHECY. — When the "Transgression of ISRAEL" has ceased and they have uninterrupted communion with God, there will no longer be any need for "Vision" or "Prophet." It is a noteworthy fact that "Vision" and "Prophecy" has been confined to the Hebrews.
- TO ANOINT THE MOST HOLY. — This in all probability refers to the anointing of the "Most Holy Place” or the "Holy of Holies" of the MILLENNIAL TEMPLE, described by Ezekiel 41. There is great significance in this announcement; for, although the Tabernacle of Moses was anointed (Lev. 8:10), there is no mention of such a ritual in the Consecration of either Solomon's Temple, or the Temple of Zerubbabel, for those buildings were considered merely as continuations of the Mosaic Tabernacle. But when the King comes back and sits upon the Throne of His father David, there is to be a magnificent Temple erected, the like of which has never as yet been seen on this planet. There will be no "Ark of the Covenant" with its "Mercy Seat," in the "Most Holy Place" of the Millennial Temple (Jer. 3:16), but in its place will stand the ROYAL THRONE on which the "BRANCH”, the Messiah shall sit as a KING-PRIEST (Zech. 6:12-13), and whose anointing is here referred to.
- Now as the fulfillment of this "Six-Fold" purpose of the "SEVENTY WEEKS" synchronizes with the things that shall happen at the close of this Dispensation, and that are described in Rev. 6:1—19:21, it is clear that the last, or "SEVENTIETH WEEK" of Daniel's "Seventy Weeks," covers the "TIME PERIOD" of Rev. 6:1—19:21, and confirms the fact that that "Period" is Jewish and has nothing to do with the Church. To provide evidence of this truth, it is only necessary to outline Daniel's "Seventy Weeks."
- The "Seventy Weeks" are divided into "THREE PERIODS" of 7 Weeks, and 62 Weeks, and 1 Week. They cover the time from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem, which was the 14th day of the month Nisan (March) BC 445, to the, (The Revelation), Second Coming of Christ.
- The "First Period," 7 WEEKS, refers to the time required to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem, which was 49 years, thus giving us the "Key" to the meaning of the word "WEEK," for if 7 WEEKS are equal to 49 YEARS, then 1 WEEK is equal to 7 YEARS.
- Now we are told that from the going forth of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem (B.C. 445) unto the "MESSIAH THE PRINCE," shall be 7 WEEKS, and THREE-SCORE AND TWO WEEKS, or 69 WEEKS, or, if 1 WEEK is equal to 7 YEARS, 7 x 69 or 483 YEARS.
- Now Jesus, as "MESSIAH THE PRINCE," rode in triumph into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday, April 2, A.D. 30 The difference in time between B.C. 445 and AD 30 is 475 years; but, as we have seen, 69 WEEKS equal 483 years, a difference of 8 years. How are we to explain this difference?
- The 475 years between B.C. 445 & A. D. 30, are Julian or Astronomical years of 365 days each, but when we reduce them to Calendar years of 360 days each, the year used in Scripture, we find that we have exactly 483 years of 360 days each. This shows that there was no break between the "First" and "Second" Periods of the "Seventy Weeks," and that the prophecy that there should be 69 WEEKS to the coming of "MESSIAH THE PRINCE" was literally fulfilled.
- Now as 69 WEEKS of Daniel's "SEVENTY WEEKS" have already expired, and all that was prophesied to occur during those "SEVENTY WEEKS" has not yet been fulfilled, it stands to reason that the things unfulfilled are still future, and must be fulfilled in the remaining "ONE WEEK," and that that "ONE WEEK" shall be "SEVEN YEARS" long, for it must be of the same length as the other "WEEKS."
- This then gives us the length of time of the reign of the "PRINCE THAT SHALL COME" (Antichrist), who we are told in v27 (Dan. 9:27) shall make a Covenant with the Jews for "ONE WEEK" (7 years), the last or "SEVENTIETH WEEK," and that in the "Middle" of the WEEK he shall break the Covenant and cause the "sacrifice and oblation" that the Jews will have restored, to cease, and then the "overspreading of abominations that maketh desolate," shall continue until the end of the WEEK.
- As this is just what is foretold will occur during the reign of Antichrist (2Thes. 2:3-4) we see that the "Period" between Rev. 6:1 and Rev. 19:21, is the "Third Period" of ONE WEEK, of Daniel's "SEVENTY WEEKS" and that it is to last SEVEN YEARS. From this we see that while there was no "Time Space" between the "First" and "Second" Periods of the "Seventy Weeks," there is a "Time Space" between the "Second" and "Third" Periods or the 69th and 70th Week, of already more almost 2000 years, or the present Church Age. This was hidden so the Church should not fail to watch.
Prayer requests: 1-918-224-3609
Mail: Pastor Ira L. Hargis
9238 Columbia St.
Sapulpa, Oklahoma USA 74066
Awesome links: http://www.e-sword.net/, http://worldenglishbible.org/, http://www.jvim.com/, http://www.jsm.org/, http://www.netbible.com/