10-Be Strong in the Lord
BE STRONG IN THE LORD
Eph. 6:10-18 (v10)
Eph 6:10-18 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. (11) Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. (12) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (13) Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. (14) Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; (15) And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; (16) Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. (17) And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: (18) Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.
BELIEVERS AUTHORITY —
Ephesians 2:4-7 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, (5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) (6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: (7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
- We are in union with Christ in His Resurrection.
- We are in union with Christ in His Ascension.
- We are in union with Christ in His present rule in the world.
ALL OF THIS IS ACCOMPLISHED THROUGH GRACE.
IT IS NOTHING THAT WE DO, GOD THROUGH
CHRIST HAS ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED THIS.
BY BEING IN HARMONY WITH GOD'S PROGRAM —
- We have the authority to use the name of Jesus for anything to further the Kingdom of God — John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
- This includes our personal needs, because we are the instruments the Holy Spirit uses to further the Kingdom.
WHAT IS AUTHORITY? The Gk dunamis [trans. POWER] primarily means authority.
- Authority is delegated power.
- Power of Attorney. — John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
v18 - WHEN WE HAVE THE WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD, WE ARE PREPARED FOR ANY CIRCUMSTANCE or SITUATION.
- All we have to do is keep the armor stain free — Sanctified.
- Ready for combat — 1Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.
WHEN WE PUT ON THE FULL ARMOR OF GOD,
NOTHING IS LEFT TO CHANCE —
- 1Sam 17:45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
- The victory is assured - because the Battle is the LORD's.
WE ARE NOT TO BE TIMID, BUT BE BOLD IN THE SPIRIT —
Ephesians 3:8-13 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; (9) And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: (10) To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, (11) According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: (12) In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him. (13) Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.
WE DO NOT HAVE TO BACK DOWN FROM THE SATAN AND HIS DEMONS, WHICH CHRIST HAS ALREADY DEFEATED:
- John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
- Satan is the prince of the power of the air - AND IS DEFEATED: Eph 2:2-3 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: (3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD HAS DEFEATED SATAN AND ALL HIS DEMONIC HORDES AND ALL OF HIS WORKS.
- Including sin, flesh, sickness, poverty — 3John 2 "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers."
- We are warriors, walk proud in the Lord [watch the Airborne or Marines march and then watch service troops march] you can tell which is the Warrior —
Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. — Rom 10:8-10 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; (9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. (10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. — Lev 14:25 And he shall kill the lamb of the trespass offering, and the priest shall take some of the blood of the trespass offering, and put it upon the tip of the right ear of him that is to be cleansed, and upon the thumb of his right hand, and upon the great toe of his right foot: — 1Peter 1:17-19 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear: (18) Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; (19) But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: — Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. —
Prayer requests: 1-918-224-3609
Mail: Pastor Ira L. Hargis
9238 Columbia St.
Sapulpa, Oklahoma USA 74066
Awesome links: http://www.e-sword.net/, http://worldenglishbible.org/, http://www.jvim.com/, http://www.jsm.org/, http://www.netbible.com/