Hope of Your Calling
THE HOPE OF YOUR CALLING
Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
Ephesians 4:4 AMP [There is] one body and one Spirit—just as there is also one hope [that belongs] to the calling you received—
HOPE DESCRIBED —
- The happy anticipation of Good — Titus 1:2-4 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; (3) But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour; (4) To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.
- The ground upon which the hope is based — Acts 16:19 And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers. — Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
- The object upon which this hope is fixed — 1Tim 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus our hope.
PAUL AND OTHER WRITERS OF THE NT USE HOPE AS A NOUN IN VARIOUS WAYS TO ENCOURAGE BELIEVERS TO PERSIST IN THE FAITH.
- Acts 23:6 But when Paul perceived that the one part were Sadducees, and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council, Men and brethren, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee: of the hope and resurrection of the dead I am called in question.
- this defines hope as the Resurrection.
- Paul was on trial for this Hope.
- Acts 26:6-7 And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God unto our fathers: (7) Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.
- Gal 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
- this is the complete conformity to God's will at the appearance of Christ.
- Col 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
- The hope of the fulfillment of all the promises presented in the Gospel — Col 1:5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;
- Hope is a factor in salvation — Rom 8:24-25 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? (25) But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
- 1John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
- Hope is now a factor in sanctification and heart purity.
- The hope of His calling — Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
- The promises that are before those who respond to God's call in the Gospel.
- The hope of your calling —
- this is viewing hope from the point of view of the called.
- now this hope is personal instead of objective.
- The hope of eternal life — Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
- The full manifestation and realization of that life which is already in the believer's possession.
- The God of hope — Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
- He is the Author of our hope.
- The hope of salvation — 1Thes 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
- at the Rapture of believers to take place at the opening of the Revelation [Gk. parousia] of Jesus Christ the Lord.
- The hope of the glory of God — Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. — Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ. — Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Prayer requests: 1-918-224-3609
Mail: Pastor Ira L. Hargis
9238 Columbia St.
Sapulpa, Oklahoma USA 74066
Awesome links: http://www.e-sword.net/, http://worldenglishbible.org/, http://www.jvim.com/, http://www.jsm.org/, http://www.netbible.com/