NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE
Mat. 17:19-21; John 14:12-14; 15:7
Matthew 17:19-21 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast it out? (20) And he saith unto them, Because of your little faith: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. (21) But this kind goeth not out save by prayer and fasting.
John 14:12-14 Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto the Father. (13) And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. (14) If ye shall ask anything in my name, that will I do.
John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatsoever ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Jesus frequently commented on the nature of true faith.
Jesus talks of a faith that can move mountains, create miracles and healings and accomplish great things for God.
TRUE FAITH IS AN EFFECTIVE FAITH THAT PRODUCES RESULTS --
- Faith knows that when we ask in Jesus name, God will answer — (John 15:7) "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
- Faith knows that when we ask the channel is open because we abide in Christ.
TRUE FAITH IS NOT A BELIEF IN "FAITH" AS A FORCE OR JUST A POWER, BUT FAITH IS FAITH IN GOD AND GOD'S WORD — (Mark 11:22) So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God.
TRUE FAITH IS A WORK WITHIN THE HEART OF A BELIEVER —
- (Mark 9:24) Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, "Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!"
- (Php 2:13) for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
- Faith involves an awareness divinely imparted to our heart that our prayers will be answered — (Mark 11:23) "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
- Faith is created within us by the Holy Spirit — (Rom 12:3) For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
WE CANNOT PRODUCE IT IN OUR OWN MIND — James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
TRUE FAITH IS UNDER GOD'S CONTROL.
- Faith is given on the basis of love, wisdom, grace and God's purpose and will.
- Faith is given to accomplish God's will.
- Faith is given to express God's love for us.
- Faith is not given for selfish interests – Jas 4:3.
SINCE TRUE FAITH IS A GIFT IMPARTED BY CHRIST —
- It is important to draw near to Christ and His Word (Rom 10:17) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Php 3:8-15) Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, 9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: 10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; 11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. 12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
- This deepens our commitment to Christ.
- We are dependent on Christ for everything — (John 3:27) John answered and said, "A man can receive nothing unless it has been given to him from heaven.…(John 15:5) "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.…(Heb 4:16) Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.…(Heb 7:25) Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
- We must seek Christ as the author and finisher of our faith — (Heb 12:2) looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
- The presence of Christ and our obedience to His Word are the source and secret of faith — (Mat 9:21) For she said to herself, "If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well."…(John 14:13) "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.…(John 15:7) "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
This gives us greater confidence to come to the throne of Grace — (Heb 7:25) Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.… Hebrews 7:25 AMP Therefore He is able also to save to the uttermost (completely, perfectly, finally, and for all time and eternity) those who come to God through Him, since He is always living to make petition to God and intercede with Him and intervene for them.
Prayer requests: 1-918-224-3609
Mail: Pastor Ira L. Hargis
9238 Columbia St.
Sapulpa, Oklahoma USA 74066
Awesome links: http://www.e-sword.net/, http://worldenglishbible.org/, http://www.jvim.com/, http://www.jsm.org/, http://www.netbible.com/