13-FAITH—Faith That Please God
FAITH THAT PLEASES GOD
Mark 5:21-34 And when Jesus had crossed over again in the boat unto the other side, a great multitude was gathered unto him; and he was by the sea. (22) And there cometh one of the rulers of the synagogue, Jairus by name; and seeing him, he falleth at his feet, (23) and beseecheth him much, saying, My little daughter is at the point of death: I pray thee, that thou come and lay thy hands on her, that she may be made whole, and live. (24) And he went with him; and a great multitude followed him, and they thronged him. (25) And a woman, who had an issue of blood twelve years, (26) and had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse, (27) having heard the things concerning Jesus, came in the crowd behind, and touched his garment. (28) For she said, If I touch but his garments, I shall be made whole. (29) And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of her plague. (30) And straightway Jesus, perceiving in himself that the power proceeding from him had gone forth, turned him about in the crowd, and said, Who touched my garments? (31) And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? (32) And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing. (33) But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what had been done to her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth. (34) And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.
v21 - BACK TO CAPERNAUM ON THE WEST SIDE OF GALILEE.
v23 - IT WAS THE CUSTOM TO LAY HANDS ON THE SICK THAT WERE PRAYED FOR –
- Mat. 8:3 And he stretched forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou made clean. And straightway his leprosy was cleansed.
- Mark 6:5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.
- Mark 7:32 And they bring unto him one that was deaf, and had an impediment in his speech; and they beseech him to lay his hand upon him.
- Mark 8:23 And he took hold of the blind man by the hand, and brought him out of the village; and when he had spit on his eyes, and laid his hands upon him, he asked him, Seest thou aught? 24 And he looked up, and said, I see men; for I behold them as trees, walking. 25 Then again he laid his hands upon his eyes; and he looked stedfastly, and was restored, and saw all things clearly. 26 And he sent him away to his home, saying, Do not even enter into the village.
- Mark 16:18 they shall take up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall in no wise hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
- Acts 9:17 And Ananias departed, and entered into the house; and laying his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, who appeared unto thee in the way which thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mayest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Spirit.
- Acts 28:8 And it was so, that the father of Publius lay sick of fever and dysentery: unto whom Paul entered in, and prayed, and laying his hands on him healed him.
- Heb. 6:2 of the teaching of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
v25 - HAD A BLOODY FLUX FOR 12 YEARS.
- Lev. 15:25 And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days not in the time of her impurity, or if she have an issue beyond the time of her impurity; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness she shall be as in the days of her impurity: she is unclean. 26 Every bed whereon she lieth all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her impurity: and everything whereon she sitteth shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her impurity. 27 And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. 28 But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. 29 And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtle-doves, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tent of meeting. 30 And the priest shall offer the one for a sin-offering, and the other for a burnt-offering; and the priest shall make atonement for her before Jehovah for the issue of her uncleanness.
v26 - MANY TIMES THIS HAPPENS WHEN A PERSON GETS IN THE HANDS OF MEN WHO CAN DO NOTHING TO BRING RELIEF.
- The Jews had many remedies for such cases, but they were helpless to bring a cure.
- Some were drinks of herbs.
- Others were sudden fright, burning of new grape vines, sitting over certain ditches.
v27 - SHE TOUCHED HIM–HER FAITH REACHED OUT.
- Many times Jesus touched the individual and other times people touched Him.
- There is no magical humanistic formula, or incantation, or ritual to healed.
- The key is Faith in Christ Jesus.
- Faith in Christ’s Atoning work – Isa. 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. 6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and Jehovah hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
v28-THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF TRUE FAITH AND PERSERVERANCE.
v29-TWO EVIDENCES OF HER HEALING -
- The flux stopped - v29.
- She could feel that it stopped - v29.
v30-32-JESUS COULD FEEL THE HEALING VIRTUE GO OUT OF HIM.
- Jesus looked around.
- He knew that someone had touched Him by faith.
- The touch of faith is different from the physical touch.
- But it is just as real.
v34 - DAUGHTER, THY FAITH HATH MADE THEE WHOLE.
1. Proving that personal faith will get from God that for which it believes.
2. This is the LAW OF FAITH - WHEN YOU ASK IN FAITH YOU RECEIVE! ––
- Mat. 8:10 And when Jesus heard it, he marveled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
- Mat. 9:29 Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it done unto you.
- Mat. 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
- Mark 9:23 And Jesus said unto him, If thou canst! All things are possible to him that believeth.
- Mark 11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou taken up and cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that what he saith cometh to pass; he shall have it. 24 Therefore I say unto you, All things whatsoever ye pray and ask for, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
FAITH IN MOTION - NOT DORMANT.
- v25 - her desperate condition.
- v26 - tried all human remedies.
- v26 - had spent all she had.
- v27 - she heard about Jesus.
- v27 - determined to touch Jesus.
- v27-28 - planned her procedure.
- v28,34 - exercised her faith.
- v29 - instantly healed.
- v33 - knew she was healed and she confessed the same!
- v34 - the answer.
Prayer requests: 1-918-224-3609
Mail: Pastor Ira L. Hargis
9238 Columbia St.
Sapulpa, Oklahoma USA 74066
Awesome links: http://www.e-sword.net/, http://worldenglishbible.org/, http://www.jvim.com/, http://www.jsm.org/, http://www.netbible.com/